Sunday, October 23, 2011

Dustforce is ninja platforming at it's finest

Dustforce is a ninja platformer by Hitbox Team, but you could probably already tell that by the video.
What this video won't tell you is that this game is HARD. 

Imagine Super Meat Boy plus N, and you've got the basic idea of Dustforce. Throw in some absolutely amazing music by Terence Lee, and stylish hand-drawn art, and you've got a solid package that blurs the line between gaming and art.

The demo contains 3 whole levels, a tutorial, a forest in the sky, and some levitating ruins.

As you can probably tell by now, the developers know what they're doing, they've crafted something beautiful and fun at the same time, a trait rarely found in games today.

The core concept is cleaning. You clean dust, leaves, dirt, really anything that could make a mess. 
I'm not sure whether the whole ninja thing was added later on, but it's a brilliantly original mix. 
I mean really, ninja janitors. If that doesn't sell you, I don't know what will.

Overall, Dustforce is definitely a day one purchase, as it's a huge breath of fresh air. The only thing wrong with it is that it may lessen your opinion on all other games.

Playing Dustforce has shown me that I really need to finish Sonic Infinite and 
get working on my own original game :I

You can download the demo at IndiePub. Give it a try, you won't regret it.
I'd recommend at least 1 gig of RAM before playing.

Also check out their main site here:








No comments:

Post a Comment